I’m a Minneapolis-based photographer specializing in weddings. I use a very candid approach and love capturing genuine emotions in a unique and creative way.
If there is anything in particular you want to know, shoot me a message!
• Unlimited hours of coverage on wedding day
• Engagement shoot
• Password protected online gallery (Facebook/Full size)
• In addition to print rights, coupon for 25% off prints
• 8″ x 8″ Guestbook featuring engagement photos for signing
• Three photo books of wedding day. (1) 12″ x 12″ for you, and (2) 8″ x 8″ books for whoever!
• If the wedding is more than 30 miles from Minneapolis a $30 per hour travel charge is required, with a $30 minimum. I have traveled to Duluth, Eau Claire, Two Harbors, and many other places up to 5 hours away. I love shooting in new places!
• A fun way to entertain during the reception is a manned photo-booth. An assistant will join us at the reception and will operate a “photobooth” for 3 hours. I have a bin full of fun props such as empty picture frames, feather boas, cowboy hats and huge glasses that are sure to bring out the goof in everyone! We can use a funky wall as a backdrop, one of mine, or any funky color or patterned sheet you want. The photos will be uploaded on a separate album for you to share with the reception guests. 3 hours of manned photobooth w/ backdrops, lights and props – $300
• A slideshow video during the reception is a great way to relive fond memories with friends and loved ones. I use any photos you provide to me as well as engagement photos we have taken. 3 songs of your choice – $250.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Q: We are interested, how do we learn more?
A: You can fill out the contact form and I will get back to you ASAP. From there we will arrange a time and place to meet and get to know each other. I can answer any questions you may have, you can review and sign the contract if you wish, and we can even set a time and date for your engagement photos.
Q: When do you need any money? How do we book the date?
A: I ask for a 30% deposit to book the day. I require this before the engagement shoot. The rest must be paid in full 2 weeks before shoot. I take checks and PayPal.
Q: Your galleries look great, but any one can pick and choose their favorites to display! Let’s see what you are really made of!
A: I couldn’t agree more. You should never book a photographer without seeing the entirety of an event. Please check out an entire set from a wedding a couple weekends ago. I shot the engagement photos at the Kitty Kat Club in Dinkytown, and the wedding day was spent in Saint Paul. I picked this wedding not because it was “my best”, but because I feel it gives the best idea as to my all around skill-sets. It has the formal portraits, engagement photos, dancing shots, table shots, and even some really fun moments from the processional march through downtown!
Q: Do we get a disc?
A: If you want a disc of your images I would be more than happy to provide you with one. Included in the base price I provide every client with a password-protected gallery containing the full-resolution images. From there you can either order prints through me or save the high-resolution images to print yourselves.
Q: What kind of gear do you shoot with? What if your camera breaks?
A: As a professional charged with capturing a once-in-a-lifetime event, it is essential for me to be prepared. My main camera is a Canon 5D Mark II with Canon, Sigma, Tamron, and Tokina professional-quality lenses. I can get out my light-stands and wireless flashes if I need to for indoor portraits or dynamic reception lighting. My cameras / lenses are great at capturing images in the darkest of churches and reception halls without the need for flashes constantly popping. I have backups of everything and more than enough batteries and memory cards for even the longest days!
Q: How many photos will we get?
A: The number varies from event to event, but as a general guideline you can expect roughly 600-800 for a full day wedding. While that may not sound like much, I have already deleted the out of focus ones, the ones with “blinkers”, etc.
Q: Do you edit the photos? What if I lose my photos after I get them from you?
A: Every single photo you receive from me is professionally edited. I edit with Aperture 3 to correct white balance, exposure, black/white levels, any tilt or cropping, any light “clone stamping” to get rid of the boogers on your nephews face, etc… Any more serious editing is done using Adobe Photoshop CS4. I work in a Mac environment and ensure that every images is backed up. I don’t want to bore you, so suffice it to say that I have multiple levels of backup to ensure your images stay safe even if you lose them.
Q: How long will it be before we get our images?
A: I’m sure you guys have all heard horror stories from your friends and relatives about their slow-as-molasses photographers and not getting their images back until after their first anniversary….. so FEAR NOT! I pride myself in a quick turn-around, with most weddings being finished and delivered within three weeks. I have even finished and delivered engagement shoots on the night of! Don’t worry, it’s not because I am careless or shoddy- quite to the contrary: I simply love this work. Often times I will get back from a wedding (exhausted!) only to find myself editing photos at 3AM!
Q: Can we make our own prints/slideshow/album?
A: You sure can! You can do pretty much whatever you want with the images, they are yours!
Q: How long have you been into photography?
A: I have been shooting for over 7 years.
Q: Is this your full-time job?
A: Not quite yet! I also work as a web-marketing and design/web specialist for a local branding agency.
Q: What if you are sick on the day of our wedding?
A: I make sure that a 2nd shooter is able to cover for me if I am unable to make it.